Monday, February 21, 2011

First Clomid Cycle

We have begun our First Cycle of Clomid. It was not an easy decision to make. I called my Mom and she spoke to one our Family Friends who is a Gynecologist in India. This doctor is a Catholic and she is 80 years old. She is close to my family and is a very sweet person. She told it was perfectly ok to start Clomid since I had already undergone HSG and my only remaining tube was clear. She recommended to take Clomid for upto 6 months but not more than that.

I took 50 mg of Clomid CD3 to CD7. I was worried & scared about the possible side-effects but nothing significant thus far. Yes, I have been feeling emotional and angry but it is manageable. I am scheduled for an Ultrasound on CD 13. Somehow, I don't feel anxious or frustrated. I don't know if Clomid is going to make any difference. But we need to do something. Since my insurance doesn't cover Clomid, we had to pay $5 for each 50 mg Generic Clomiphene Citrate tablet or $25 for 1 cycle which isn't bad. The Clomid brand would cost more without insurance like around $100 for five 50mg tablets.

I have started taking Tussin hoping that it will help with Cervical Mucus which often dries up with Clomid. I also read Marilyn Shannon's book "Fertility, Cycles & Nutrition". I have started taking Professional Pre-natal Vitamins as recommended in the book. I haven't felt any major difference but it is too early to tell.
I don't know if I can be labeled as infertile. I was able to conceive so does that make me less infertile? I wish I had answers.
Oh my dear Jesus, please strengthen me on this journey. I need your guidance in everything I do. Oh my dear Mother, please pray for us always.

1 comment:

  1. Clomid is a step but it isn't a diagnosis. I was on it for a few cycles and it didn't help me...but then again, I know other people who it worked for. Hang in there. Try it and if it doesn't work, then perhaps you need to look further into things. In the meantime, I will pray for continued guidance:)

    ReplyDelete