Where do I begin this Wonderful Story?
- May 2008 - Married
- May to Jul 2008 - Use NFP for Postponing Pregnancy
- August 2008 - Ectopic Pregnancy, Emergency Surgery, Right Tube Removed. Lose Baby #1 - Bernadette Mary at 7 weeks. Due Date - April 2009
- Sep 2008 - Ob/Gyn #1 advises to postpone Pregnancy for 4-6 months to allow healing after surgery. Suggests Birth Control Pills but we refuse.
- May 2009 - First Wedding Anniversary! Let's start trying but Hubby wants to wait.
- July to Aug 2009 - 54 days Cycle & No Period, U/S reveals Polyps in Uterus. Doc recommends Sonohysterography.
- Sep 2009 - Sonohysterography (Saline U/S) during next cycle but Polyp has disappeared and Doc has no clue!
- Oct 2009 - Start Prenatal Vitamins.We should be pregnant next month, right?
- Nov 2009 - Begin TTC officially. Late Ovulation and Long Cycles (>40 days). No Pregnancy in Sight. Thought I would get pregnant immediately!
- Mar 2010 - Cycles return to Normal Length. Start BBT and Charting using Sympto-Thermal Method. Using OPKs.
- April to May 2010 - BFP on 10 dpo and 11 dpo. BFN on 12 dpo. Ob/Gyn not helpful & mentions Chemical Pregnancy. There was no blood work done and I started bleeding on 15 dpo. Still don't know if it was a real BFP. Baby #2 - Catherine Agnes. Due Date - Jan 2010.
Dr. suggests HSG (Hysterosalpingogram) & Clomid. We decide to get the HSG done but wait 3 more Cycles before going for Clomid.
Celebrate 2nd Wedding Anniversary!!!
- HSG (Dye Test) done, Left Tube Open, Uterus in good shape. Thank you Jesus!
- Jun to Oct 2010 - Long Cycles including one anovulatory cycle. Continue TTC. No Pregnancy in sight.
- Nov 2010 - BFP and spotting. Confirmed Betas. After a series of bloodwork (Beta HCG), Dr. tells it's an Early Miscarriage (4.5 wks) and again suggests BCP for 3 months. Time to find another Doc! Lose Baby #3 - Alphonsus Martin. Due Date - July 2011. Sad but hopeful that I can get pregnant naturally.
- Jan 2011 - First Appt with 2nd Ob/Gyn. Suggests Clomid & SA (Seminal Fluid Analysis) for hubby. We wait to find a Lab so that the SA can be done the Catholic Way.
- Feb to Mar 2011 - Begin Blogging! First Clomid Cycle - 50 mg (CD 3- CD7). CD 13 ultrasound reveals 20mm follicle on left ovary and endometrial thickness is 9.99mm. Progesterone Level on 7 dpo is 12.6 ng/mL.
BFP, Low Progesterone Levels and another Early Miscarriage at 5 weeks and 2 days. Lose Baby #4 - Gabriel Joseph. Due Date - Nov 2011. We grow closer to God through this suffering.
- April 2011 - Start Creighton Charting with a wonderful blogger (Polkadot). All bloodwork for Recurrent Miscarriage is normal according to Dr.#2. No Clotting Disorders. No autoimmune disorders. I later realize that the complete panel was not done.
- May 2011 - First Appt with a Reproductive Endocrinologist (RE). After saying no to IVF & IUI, RE suggests Clomid & Ovidrel (HCG) Trigger Shot followed by Progesterone. Decide to wait and consult Napro Doc. Chromosome Karotyping normal for DH & me (what a waste of money !!).
Celebrate Third Wedding Anniversary!!!
- Jun 2011 - First Appt with a local NaPro Ob/Gyn. P+3, 5, 7 & 9 bloodwork for Progesterone & Estradiol.
P+3 - Progesterone 6.4ng/mL, Estradiol 173 pg/mL.
P+5 - Progesterone 7.7 ng/mL, Estradiol 232 pg/mL.
P+7 - Progesterone 9.7 ng/mL, Estradiol 246 pg/mL.
Diagnosis : Low Progesterone Post Peak.
- July to Oct 2011 - Progesterone Suppositories (300mg) from P+3 to P+12 for 3 cycles. No Pregnancy in sight. Getting desperate. With supplementation, P+7 Progesterone improves from 9.7 to 24.6 ng/mL.
- Oct 2011 - Second Appt with NaPro Ob/Gyn. Bloodwork Reveals Low Vitamin D (10.4), High TSH (3.13 uIU/mL) and Low Free T3 (2.6 pg/mL). Vitamin B12 (379 pg/mL) and Free T4 ( 1.26 ng/dL) levels are normal.
Start Armour Thyroid (30 mg daily) and Vitamin D2 (1.25 mg - 50,000 Units, twice a week).
Begin Clomid 50mg (CD 3- CD7) and Fish Oil 2000mg. See a 23mm follicle on left ovary during CD13 Ultrasound. Have high hopes but BFN.
- Nov to Dec 2011 - Clomid 50mg (CD 3- CD7) and all other medications remain the same. CD 13 and CD 17 ultrasounds show a tiny 12 X 10 follicle on left ovary. Lose hopes and think I wouldn't ovulate.
After a late ovulation, I get a BFP. Betas don't double and I have another early miscarriage at 4.5 weeks. Lose Baby #5 - John James.
- Jan to Feb 2012 - Go on a vacation to meet family in India.
Meet an Ob/Gyn in India. Suggests Vitamin E (400mg), Baby Aspirin, B-Long F (Folic Acid - 5mg, Vitamin B6 Sustained Release - 100mg) for me and Genew Plus (Lycopene, L-Carnitine and Zinc) for DH.
Have continuous fertile mucus and expect a long, anovulatory cycle due to travel & stress. Skipped Charting and didn't use Progesterone.
To my complete surprise, I get a BFP on CD51. Sadly, the pregnancy ends in another early miscarriage at 5.5 weeks approx. Lose Baby #6 - Thomas John Paul. Due Date - Oct 2012.
- Feb to Mar 2012 - On Armour 45mg, Vitamin E, B-Long F, Baby Aspirin, Vitamin D2 & Progesterone Post Peak. DH on Genew Plus. Wondering if I should consult Dr. KK and PPVI.
- Mar to Apr 2012 - First Unmonitored Cycle on Femara 12.5mg on CD3. Introduce Vitamin D3 5000 IU daily instead of Vitamin D2. Start Mucinex 1200mg from CD 10-15. Back to Fish Oil 2000mg. Continue Armour 45mg, Vitamin E, B-Long F, Baby Aspirin.
Third appt with Local NaPro doctor. Suggests Diagnostic Laprascopy for possible Endo and D&C to obtain Endometrial Cultures. Decide to wait. Send charts to PPVI.
Blood work for insulin resistance, thyroid levels and thyroid antibodies Waiting for results.Introduce 2000 IU HCG Shots on P+3,5,7,9.
- May 2012 - Second Unmonitored Cycle on Femara 12.5 mg. Thyroid Bloodwork is normal but Fasting Insulin levels are high at 27. Introduce Metformin for Insulin Resistance. Being with 500mg Metformin and gradually increase to 1500mg.
Celebrate Fourth Wedding Anniversary! Receive Reply from Dr. KK and PPVI.
- June 2012 - Third Unmonitored Cycle on Femara 12.5 mg. All the other medicines remain the same. Disappointed that Femara and HCG didn't give a BFP. Schedule appt with Dr. KK for August.
- July 2012 - Take a break from Ovulatory Drugs and HCG. Continue Armour 45 mg, Metformin 1500mg, Vit D 5000IU daily, Fish Oil 2g, Baby Aspirin, B-Long F, Vitamin E and Progesterone 300mg. Natural TTC Cycles.
- Aug 2012 - Fly to Chicago for appointment with Dr. Kwak-Kim. Bloodwork Results show slightly elevated NK cells, high TH1:Th2 ratio and Anti-Phospolipid Antibodies are borderline. Suggests Lovenox (Heparin) Shots 40mg/day starting CD 6 and Prednisone 10mg/day from 2 dpo. IVIg isn't covered by insurance so can't afford it.
- Sep 2012 - Get call from PPVI with tentative surgery dates. Decide to postpone immune treatments until surgery is over.
- Oct 2012 - Travel to Omaha for surgery and ultrasound series. Laprascopy, Hysteroscopy and HSG with Dr. P. Found lots of adhesion, tiny spots of Endo and lot of inflammation. No signs of PCOS. Left tube and both ovaries look healthy. Praise be to God!
Dr. suggests anti-inflammatory diet. No gluten, no dairy, no coffee, no processed food, no sugar.
- Dec 2012 - Both DH and I complete 21 days of Biaxin and are given the green light to TTC after almost 4 cycles. On Armour 45 mg, Metformin 1500mg, Vit D 5000IU daily, Fish Oil 2g, Baby Aspirin, B-Long F, Vitamin E and Progesterone 300mg.
- Feb 2013 - 30th Birthday and very emotional. Tried for 2 cycles after surgery and BFN. Haven't begun Dr. KK's immune protocol. Still undecided.
- Mar 2013 - Do Cycle Review with PPVI. Biaxin from CD 1-10 for both of us for 6 TTC cycles.
- April 2013 - Meet with Local Napro Dr. and decide to try Clomid and LDN. Hoping that this would work after the Biaxin treatment.
- May 2013 - Fifth Wedding Anniversary!!! Clomid 50 mg - CD 3 to 7. BFN.
- June 2013 - Decide to take a break from Clomid. Surprise BFP on CD 29. Begin Lovenox 40mg and Prednisone 20mg/day according to Dr. KK's protocol. Also Progesterone and Calcium supplements. Feeling hopeful. First Beta 82. Second Beta falls to 26. Another miscarriage. Lose Baby #7 - Gianna Maria. Due Date - Mar 2014.
- July 2013 -Take a break cycle.
- Aug 2013 - Decide to do Immune Protocol along with Clomid.
- Prolactin, FSH, LH, DHEA Sulfate
- Antiphospholipid Antibodies - Protein C, Protein S
- Lupus Anticoagulant
- Anticardiolipin Anitbodies IgG, IgM, IgA
- Beta 2 Glycoprotein -I Ab IgA, I Ab IgG, I Ab IgM
- Genetic thrombophilia - Factor V Leiden
- Prothrombin 20210A (factor II) Mutation
- Anti-Thrombin III
- HGB (Hemoglobin) A1C Test
- Chromosome Karotyping
- Clomid 50 mg CD 3-7
- Femara 12.5mg on CD 3
- Metformin 1500mg
- Armour 30mg to 45 mg
- HCG 2000IU on P+3,5,7,9
- Progesterone 300mg from P+3-12
- Vitamin D 5000IU
- Viamin E 400mg
- Baby Aspirin
- Folic Acid - 5 mg
- Vitamin B6 Sustained Release - 100mg
- Fish Oil 2g
- Prenatal Vitamins
- Mucinex 1200mg CD 10-15
- Prednisone 20mg
- Lovenox - 40mg
- PIO Shots
- Calcium Caltrate