Monday, March 26, 2012

CD 3 and Femara

Today is CD3 and I am going to take Femara 12.5mg this cycle for the first time. And I am hoping to convince my NaPro doctor to try HCG trigger & booster shots this cycle. A little bit of HCG can go a long way in aiding implantation & many have had success with HCG in the case of early miscarriages. My SIL had success with Clomid, HCG & Progesterone. Please pray for her. She is 38 weeks & getting induced in a few days & we are all praying for a smooth delivery & healthy baby.

I am hopeful that I have something new to try this cycle as I know it will be months before I can get into PPVI & Dr Kw.ak-K.i.m. It's better to do something in the meanwhile. I am also gearing up for my NaPro appt this week. I am going to ask my doctor to put me on Metformin to help with better ovulation. And I will ask her about testing for infections, maybe an endometrial biopsy, though she said it wasn't needed for miscarriages.

Any other tests/medications that NaPro doctors usually recommend? A blogger had recommended testing for thyroid antibodies. So that is on my to-do list.

6 comments:

  1. It's nice to hear you sounding so hopeful - prayers that the HCG does the trick and makes a baby that's extra sticky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in your same shoes... we have a very similar history. After my 3rd miscarriage I am working with a Napro Doctor... apart from your tests she has recommended a Food Allergy test. I am waiting for the results. Furthermore, apart from all the medicines you are taking she has recommended DHEA 25mg x3 daily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know that HCG helped with implantation! I love being on it and it has helped so much with my PMS.

    I definitely think that getting a thyroid panel is in order. Now that I am being treated for hypothyroidism I am feeling worlds better.

    Femara is much gentler on the system than Clomid. I had little or no side effects on it. I hope it's the same for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HCG is awesome, I LOVED it!! I think thyroid and food allergy tests are great to ask about...I forget, do you have any problems with brown bleeding? If so you may want to ask about an antibiotic, there might be some residual infection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your plan. I have experienced minimal side effects on the Femara so I hope it is the same for you. I started at 12.5mg on CD3 and then it was increased to 25mg for the next cycle and now I am taking 40mg on CD3. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete