Sunday, September 16, 2012

Surgery Dates

A few days ago, I got the call from PPVI & and I have 2 tentative dates for surgery - either Oct 23rd or Nov 20th. I didn't expect that I would be getting a surgery date so soon. I thought it would be 4-5 months before I hear back from PPVI and that I would have ample time to make a decision.

I would love to go with the October date but there are so many things that need to be done. Flight tickets, accommodation, the blood draws for the hormone series and DH's leave plans. I got an estimate from PPVI in case insurance doesn't pay. $7500 for the doctor's charges, ultrasound series and so on. The hospital bill will be around $30,000 or even more !!! I had a panic attack when I heard the $$$ amounts. I am trying to soak everything up.

We still haven't made a decision. I am waiting for my phone consultation with Dr. Kwak-Kim which will be this week. I can't wait to discuss my labs with Dr.KK. I am so thankful that I went ahead and kept the appt with Dr.KK because insurance covered everything (both the doctor and Rosalind Franklin University Lab) and I just have to pay my deductible of $800 instead of $5000 which is such a huge relief. Thank you Jesus for this great blessing!!!

The surgery is going to be with Dr. Pakiz. I am unsure if I should stay for the ultrasound series because there is high probability that I won't ovulate. I don't do well under stress and the surgery itself is a huge stress!!! Moreover, I had a detailed u/s with Dr.KK's sonographer which showed poor ovulation. My heart tells me that I should go ahead with the lap. Oct 23rd is the due date of our baby I lost in Feb and I don't think it's a coincidence. I haven't fallen pregnant after that. God definitely has plans! This surgery might be an answer. I will know if my remaining tube is clear and can know if I am at risks for a future ectopic.

I need all your prayers that we can make a decision soon and that insurance would cover the surgery. Jesus, I trust in you!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, answers are going to start coming your way! I would think the October date would be better if you can work out the insurance issues, since Nov. 20 is 2 days before Thanksgiving. I don't know what kind of insurance you had, but I have BCBS, and the hospital was "in-network" so I only had to pay 20%, and Dr. H was "out of network" at the time (he is now "in network"), so I had to pay 40% of his charges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you as you make this decision - listen for His voice and follow where He leads you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying that God will make the right decision clear to you. I've worked with Dr. Pakiz, she is WONDERFUL! You will love her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Hebrews. Dr. H had to go out of town right after my laparotomy, so Dr. Pakiz (who was still in training at the time) cared for me in the hospital all week. She IS wonderful!! :) Will be praying...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers for peace, whatever you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your beautiful comments on my blog. I wish I had thousands of dollars to give you so you can just go ahead and book it for 10/23!!! I am praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go with your gut feeling. So much to think about. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete