Monday, March 7, 2011

Clomid Ultrasound Update

After taking 50mg Clomid from CD3 to CD7, I went in for my ultrasound on CD 13. I had been using OPKs from CD10 and hadn't detected a surge. The U/S revealed :
  • Left Ovary - 20 mm follicle
  • Right Ovary - 3 or 4 follicles which looked good (don't know the size)
My doc walked in with a great smile and assured me that I would be ovulating "soon" from my left side (the side with the remaining tube) because of the 20mm follicle. When I told her that I still hadn't got a OPK+, she was surprised and asked me to continue testing for a day or 2 and not to forget to BD every other day. So, I assumed I would be ovulating on CD14 or 15 and continued using OPKs and BD-ing. Hmmm.. I was wrong. I ovulated only on CD 18. I wonder how big the 20mm follicle would have been when I finally ovulated. 28mm? 30mm???

I had severe lower back pain for a couple of days around OV. The pain was so severe that I thought I had sprained my back. I couldn't walk or bend. I still don't know if it was the CLOMID.

I also went in for a Progesterone draw 7 days past ovulation. Waiting for the results. My pre-ovulatory temps were higher than usual this cycle but my post-ov temps are still lurking around. Nothing remarkable!

On a different note, my husband's family and my family have been reciting the "Apostles' Creed" daily for 33 times. It needs to be recited for 33 days. Perhaps it signifies the 33 years of Jesus life. Hubby & I have joined in and as we recite the Creed, I have realized how meaningful each word is. Can any prayer be more powerful than professing our Catholic faith?

"I believe in God the Father Almighty... " Yes, I do believe firmly.

2 comments:

  1. That's a big follicle!!! Sorry for the pain but the good thing is that you ovulated!! So was the opk wrong? I'm confused bc you said you were wrong. I've never used that before. Maybe I should! Hoping and praying for you friend!

    Random question....where in NC do you live? If you don't want to say on blog, shoot me an email. We are going to a wedding in highlands in August...are you near there???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wrong in thinking that I would have a perfect textbook ovulation on CD 14 but instead I ovulated on CD 18.
    We live in Charlotte. Highlands is a beautiful place with lot of waterfalls.

    ReplyDelete