Friday, July 29, 2011

Woe of Long cycles & Some Good News

Just when I needed to start 300 mg Progesterone Suppositories for the first time this cycle, my body decided to play games. I had a long Pre-Peak Phase of 24 days & I wasn't under stress. That would make this cycle 38-39 days :(

I feel so horrible. How I wish I could have a textbook perfect 28 day cycle. I have always had long cycles mostly between 32-50 days. I guess I need to convince my NaPro Dr. to put me on Clomid/Femara. I have a feeling the more I wait, the more difficulty I will have with my long cycles. I don't have PCOS so I really would like to know why my cycles are so long.

How I wish I had known about NaPro as soon as I married. Again am I in control? Oh Jesus, you have perfectly planned everything for us. May your Holy Will be done in our lives and may we have the courage & strength to accept your Will.

And there's some good news - My sister-in-law is pregnant. She has struggled a lot with PCOS and has had a miscarriage in the past. After being on Metformin & restricted diet for many years, it was still not helping her ovulate. Her doctor put her on Clomid recently and she has now conceived on the 2nd cycle of Clomid. She is now on Progesterone and some Thyroid medication. Please do pray that this pregnancy goes well. 

My family has been struggling with miscarriages & infertility for the past 3 years. I really pray for my parents who have seen both their married children struggling for a child. There isn't a day they haven't prayed & shed tears for us. They are the ones who lift up our dreary souls with prayers & words of encouragement. God bless them always!

5 comments:

  1. Praying for your SIL's pregnancy ... and for your cycles to behave! I hope the Dr can help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the prayers and kind words you left on my blog. Praying for you too. How "funny" that we both had 24 day pre-peak phases the very cycle we started prog. Felt like we'd never get to use those pills, didn't it??? :) I hope you can get to the bottom of what's causing your long cycles and your miscarriages. Praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. praying right now! so sorry about your loooooong cycle. Will the progesterone help that? here's hoping it will ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, something needs to be done about your cycles. I hope you can figure it out soon. Prayers for you SIL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I am so sorry to hear about the troubles you are having - it is such a difficult road and one I have not forgotten. I'm glad you finally found a doctor that tested your progesterone. I really hope this is the answer. And talk to your doc about Femara/Clomid. I hope those two things will be a winning combination for you. Prayers coming!

    ReplyDelete